Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Things i said i would never do



How many times did we say " I would never ever do that!" 
and end up doing the exact thing you said you would never ever EVER do!?

* raises hand with guilty look on her face

Looking back at my life i am now a walking example of all the things i said i would NEVER do...




1. I will never yell at my kids.. sadly i yell i try not to.. but sometimes i feel its out of my control.. something i am still working on.. i am not proud of this and i know its wrong to yell but its something im working on...

Also my normal tone is kind of loud.. in comparison to my husband who is very calm.. His family is also very calm. when they speak to each other i am surprised they even can hear each other.


Khalto to Ahmed in whisper tone " Wayn il remote?" 
Dina looks to see if Ahmed heard her as she is sitting very far away 
*Ahmed gets up and hands remote" 
Dina 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲 😲


i still remember when i was in Amman not too long ago.. 
sitting peacefully then i heard my mom running to the door and screaming so loud...

                                           il GHAaAAAAAAAAAAAAZ  il GHAAAAAAAAZ !!!!!

At this point i freak out 😲 thinking there was a fire in the house.. but apparently in Amman the Ghaz truck makes rounds around the building and you have to open your window or door and call him in!
See in my family we tend to Over Express our feelings vocally.. haha

We are used to using outdoor voices indoor. We speak to each other as if we all are wearing hearing aids.. So when i am around my husbands family i am suddenly aware of how loud i actually am cause its so quiet whenever i don't speak..

                      When dina is quiet.. you hear the clock ticking * tick tock tick tock" 






2. I will not let my kids watch a lot of tv or stay on the ipad a lot & ill never let them sleep without a bedtime story


So imagine this.. you have to cook, and you have like 1000 things you need to do and your kids are just jumping around you saying " MAMA MAMA MAMA 10000 times in one minute.. If i told you there is a magic way to make them if for a little while be distracted and quiet and give you some alone time to get things done.. would you NOT take on that offer! i am not saying tv all day or ipad all day. but sometimes having that time is what keeps my sanity!


3. I will never say the things the Aunties and Khaltos say... 

    I think i am now 98 % khalto.. when i get up from a chair i have to make those sounds like " akh . mnnnnnhh... Ya Allah.. " i say random da3wat to people " Allah yerda 3aliek"
I talk about how our generation is not like the generation now and how in my days i didnt get telephone till i was in university.. My 6 yr old wants a phone.. shufti yakhti ballah?!?

I share recipes and i am in a whatsapp group for recipes of tabeekh.
I am in another group that shares jokes that are not for kids .. i dont know why when women get older thier jokes get more and more perverted :S i wish i can unsee some of the fwds i have received on whatsapp.. :S


4. I never thought i would sniff anyone butts and check poop texture 
i am someone.. who is naturally mon2aref... i remember gagging when i had to clear out the kitchen sink after all the food laghawees were stuck on it.. After having kids.. being mon2arfeh is not an option. You will be pooped on. You will check if your child is pooping regulary. You will learn the art of inserting ta7ameel ( suppositories) for constipated babies. You will feel joy when your baby poops after 3 days of constipation. You will regularly sniff your baby's but to see if they have pooped. You will discuss the color of your baby's feces with other moms.


Alo keefek Rawan, Bedi as2alek.. law lown il kaka asfar 3adi?? 





5. I never will wipe anyone's boogers by my hand.
So your kid has a runny nose and about to get on the bus and there is no  KLEENEX to be found? what can i do???? * hand on nose il bent quick mas7a .. i know 2araf.. but 2araf situations call for 2araf actions. it was either that or let her lick it..

6. I will never watch Turkish Series...

I am now watching not 1.. not 2 but 3 Turkish series..i am so obsessed i sometimes watch it without translation. I also watch 2 at the same time with multiple windows open at the same time.

7. i will never lie to my kids..
 i think as moms we are allowed to lie a few white lies like for example..

  "If you eat your boogers they will turn into little worms in your stomach"
  " i was the smartest kid in my class" were'nt we all ahaha
  " Barney is Sleeping"
  " The Store is closed now"
  " i have no money to buy it "
  " This does not have Spinach in it"
  " This is the medicine you LOVE"
  " I will just go to the bathroom then i will come read you a story" * waits till lina falls asleep
  " The Toothfairy called me and said she will take her money back cause you are not brushing your teeth"
 " Elsa is sleeping"
 " Your friend is sleeping"
 " I am msging your teacher right now"
 " I am emailing your teacher right now"
 " If you don't put your seatbelt on the Police man will arrest you"
 " If you dont brush your teeth they will look like this ↓







The list goes on an on... my point is.. 3ala ra2i Justin PEiiiPer.. Never say Never..cause all the things you said you will never ever do are what you will do precisely

                                           Nefar meeen ya habibi.. Nefartitchhhhhhiiiiiii...










 




3 comments:

sheeshany said...

3 & 6 = NOT YET

the rest = GUILTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dino$ said...

if you decide to watch turkish series i recommend KERA SEVDa. Al 7ob al 2a3ma ... *violin plays in background * eyes turn into Gloob.. watch it or tell your wife to watch it :) haha.. but if she has a celebrity crush after watching it ana ma dakhalni

sheeshany said...

لا يا عمي، يفتح الله
بنشوف محل ثاني


:]]]


أصل معنديناش تَلَفزيوووووووووووون